How have you been? I hope that you had the opportunity to rest over the holiday period and celebrate the freedom to see our friends and family in person once again. For me, I am still on a semi break as I fill up my tank. I am grateful for long sleep-ins, wonderful time with family (playing board games and winning!), personal time to create art, play music and recover from last year, and working out how we can best move forward in 2021 as a creative community (and also as a family, which I am dying to share with you in my next entry).
In this season, we are not only focusing on art-making. Our 3 priorities for 2021 are WELLBEING, CONNECTION & CREATIVITY. With an increased focus on wellbeing, we are planning to offer tools to help manage our creative wellbeing, so we can remain resilient as we face whatever the future brings.
Every week, we will source valuable content containing tools or words of wisdom that can help us build a recovery toolkit for our creative life. It may be in a form video, an article, a podcast, a documentary or book recommendation, an online resource, an eBook - anything to help us build our a recovery toolkit for this year and beyond.
This resource is completely free and curated specially for our creative community. Here's what you will need to do:
1. Subscribe to our mailing list - I will be sending out weekly emails containing valuable resource.
2. Join Made to Create@Home so we can share our journey together.
3. Create a file/folder to archive tools/resources that resonate with you (feel free to include ones you already know).
4. Put at least one tool or advice into practice and give it a go. Test it and see if it works for you.
5. If the tool works for you, then apply to your life and make it your own.
6. If the tool doesn't work well, keep it for later as you might use it in another season or circumstance.
To get a good start on your toolkit, sign up for the Fundamental Tools for Creative Recovery and learn from the leaders of Made to Create. This series of workshops will provide you with IMPORTANT TOOLS that we use in our own creative lives and have worked for us. See below for more information.
Let's face it, 2021 is still going to be a struggle for some of us. Please know that you are not alone, so please reach out if you need to connect. As we move into another year, may our purpose and values ground us, our art heal us and our hearts direct our steps. Take care and I'll see you soon.
Founder of Made to Create