Have you got old photos at home to restore but don’t know where to start?
Are you writing a memoir or creating a photo book for your family?
Learn how to scan, restore and edit old photos with Adobe Photoshop
and preserve them for future generations with Amanda Starkey.
Suitable for all skills level.
In this interactive masterclass, we will cover:
• The meaning of resolution and the best way to scan old photos for higher quality printing
• The importance of DPI and how does it affects image quality
• How to use Adobe Photoshop and repair rips and tears to restore damage
• How to use the layering tool assist you in editing photos
• How to restore photos to their original black and white state and colour correcting old photos
• How to export and prepare your work for printing
By the end of the class you will be ready to tackle your collection of old photos, having practical skills in:
• Scanning and organising your photos
• Repairing rips and tears on your photos using Adobe Photoshop
• Using the layering tool in Adobe Photoshop to work on restoration
• Colour correcting and black and white conversion
• Exporting and saving your images for print
What you will need:
• Reliable internet
• Laptop or desktop computer
• Adobe Photoshop (Get Photoshop here)
• Extra monitor (optional)
• Scanner (optional)
The sessions will be delivered LIVE via Zoom. We will send you a zoom link upon registration. If you don't already have a Zoom account you will need to create one - it is free to join: https://zoom.us/
Amanda Starkey began photography at the age of fifteen and has never really put down a camera since then. She has travelled the world working as a cruise ship photographer, family portrait photographer on exotic Hamilton Island.
She now specialises in travel and music photography, resulting in opportunities to exhibit in Paris, London and New York. She is passionate about all things photography and loves the art of storytelling. With a career spanning over 20 years, she brings a wealth of knowledge and passion to her work.
Check out Amanda's work on: www.instagram.com/melb_photo_adventures
5th December 2020
10:00am-12:00pm (Melbourne Time)
Concession: $50 | Full: $65
Limited spots only!
You may also be interested in these workshops.