Below are the two main community priorities we are working on:
A place for creatives to call ‘home’ so that they are not creating in isolation. It is a home for creatives to connect, belong and grow in their creativity as well as in character. It is a place with a culture that champions and supports people in their purpose and creative development and celebrates not only successes but also the courage for trying and for not giving up. It is a safe and nurturing environment where we are allowed to just be ourselves yet be empowered to be better versions of ourselves.
At this initial stage, our focus is to build relationships with those in our community. We currently run monthly gatherings in Collingwood (please see our calendar). As we grow, our hope is to be able to acquire our own space for our community to gather.
Internship & Mentoring for Emerging Creatives (IMEC)
The IMEC program is 12-month internship/mentoring program specifically designed to connect emerging creatives with a mentor within their creative field of interest. Our plan is to test this program when budget allows it and will be seeking those who are interested in being part of the pilot.
• To increase employment opportunities for creatives who wish to work in their field of interest
• To help creatives find their WHY (purpose) which will become the reason they create
• To connect emerging creatives with an experienced mentor within their specific industry
• To link emerging creatives with businesses who can offer work placements
• To raise up the future creative leaders who will be mentors to emerging creatives
• To bring transformation to the creative professional culture to be more inclusive of emerging creatives
How can you be involved?
If you are interested in being a mentor, we would love to talk to you. We are looking for creative leaders who are:
• Working in the creative field they would like to mentor in
• Experienced and skilled in the creative processes from ideas to production
• Able to impart knowledge and expertise about the specific industry
• Well connected within the specific industry
Please drop us a line on email@example.com.
We love that many in our creative community share the same values and beliefs as we do. We welcome donations, however as we are not registered as a charity, donations will not be tax deductible. Here are 5 others ways that you can help:
• Purchase tickets to our events/workshops
• Help promote our events/workshops - word of mouth and reviews are incredibly helpful
• On-share our posts, events and workshops, so more people get to know us
• Host a creative workshop or event at your workplace or home and hire us to be your facilitators/speakers
• Come to our fundraising events
If you would still like to donate, we thank you for your generosity. Please email us and at your request, we will send you our account details.